The mesmerizing Montana Sapphire (MT sapphire) is sourced from several deposits in the state including the aptly named, Sapphire Mountains of western Montana.
Every Montana Sapphire is a masterpiece of nature. It showcases distinctive color and often incredible clarity.
Montana Sapphires have captured the hearts of those seeking one-of-a-kind treasures. The rarity and uniqueness of these gemstones make them highly sought after for special occasions. In fact, Montana Sapphires are more rare geologicly then diamonds!
Join us as we delve deep into the world of these gemstones and unlock the factors affecting MT sapphire quality.
Get ready to be dazzled!
4 Factors Affecting MT Sapphire Quality
When it comes to MT sapphires, the quality of these stunning gemstones is influenced by a myriad of factors. The factors affecting MT sapphire quality are:
- MT sapphire color grading is one of the most significant factors. The most prized colors are blue and violet, followed by pink, yellow, and orange. The color of an MT sapphire is assessed based on its hue, tone, and saturation. The most valuable color is pure blue without any secondary hues.
- MT sapphire clarity grading is another critical factor when assessing sapphire quality. Stones free of blemishes and inclusions are usually more highly valued than those with flaws. Some inclusions can add to the beauty of sapphire, so don't discount a stone simply because it isn't flawless.
- Cut is yet another consideration when it comes to judging sapphire quality. A well-cut stone will exhibit good symmetry and proportions, which can enhance its overall appearance.
- MT sapphire carat weight grading is also a factor when assessing sapphire quality. All else being equal, larger stones are typically more valuable than smaller ones.
Understanding MT Sapphire Grades and the Grading Process
Regarding MT sapphire grading criteria, various factors, including their origin, are considered.
The most significant factor influencing an MT sapphire's price is its grade. Higher grades generally come with a much higher price tag, reflecting these gemstones' exceptional quality and rarity.
Precision MT sapphire grading equipment such as microscopes, colorimeters, and spectrometers are often used to ensure that grading is accurate and consistent.
These tools allow gemologists to assess sapphires with a keen eye, analyzing every detail and nuance to assign the perfect grade.
When it comes to MT sapphires, three different grades are used to identify the quality of the gemstone. These grades are AAA, AA, and A.
- Grade AAA sapphire has no visible inclusions when viewed under 10x magnification. For a sapphire to be given this grade, it must also have excellent color saturation and a well-defined hue.
- AA-grade sapphires will have very few inclusions that are visible under 10x magnification. These inclusions will not affect the overall appearance of the stone.
- The lowest grade, A, is given to sapphires with visible inclusions when viewed under 10x magnification. These inclusions can affect the overall appearance of the stone.
How To Care for MT Sapphires
Here are a few tips on how to care for your MT Sapphires:
- Handle with care: Sapphires are delicate, so you must handle them carefully. Use soft cloths or gloves when handling them and avoid contact with hard surfaces.
- Clean with warm water and mild soap: Mix warm water with some mild soap and gently scrub the stone using a soft cloth to clean your Sapphires.
- Store in a cool, dry place: When not wearing your Sapphires, store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
Discover the Magic of MT Sapphires with Young in the Mountains
At Young in the Mountains, we understand that jewelry is more than just an accessory; it symbolizes love and connection.
Our collection of MT sapphire jewelry embodies the essence of simplicity, purpose, and inspired design.
We take pride in sourcing our inlay materials directly from passionate miners in the American West, ensuring that every piece holds the raw, natural beauty of the land it came from.
So why settle for ordinary when you can have extraordinary?
Explore our collection, find the design that speaks to your heart, and let us create a piece of jewelry that will stand the test of time.