When it comes to layering jewelry, the options are endless!
With so many different pieces and styles, it can be difficult to know where to start.
But don't worry; we're here to help!
Layers of jewelry – first things first
Start with the basics.
Every great layered look starts with a few key pieces that will be the foundation for your overall look. Choose a few favorite necklaces, bracelets, and rings you know go well together. These pieces should be relatively simple and easy to wear so that you can build on them.
Mix and match metals.
Don't be afraid to pair gold with silver or mix in some rose gold or copper for a trendy touch. The key is to choose pieces that complement each other without being matchy. If you match too much, you risk looking outdated.
Add in some color.
Once you have the foundation down, it's time to add some personality with colored inlay or sapphire accents. Our collection is perfect for this! Choose inlay stones in colors that complement each other or your outfit, and don't be afraid to mix in different shapes and sizes. If you wear lots of black, consider turquoise with a black matrix or pattern.
Choose the right lengths.
Layering jewelry is all about creating visual interest with different lengths and textures, so it's important to choose pieces that will look good together when layered. You can even layer pendants of different sizes for a unique look.
Have fun with it!
Experiment with different looks. Layering jewelry is all about creating something unique that reflects your style.
How to layer necklaces
When it comes to layering necklaces, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Consider the length of your necklaces. You don't want them to be too long or too short. Wearing two of the same length chain can lead to tangles.
- Linking necklaces together by their clasps, then wrapping them around the neck like holiday lights on a tree, can be a trick to preventing tangles and making sure the pendants or focal points lay correctly.
- Don't be afraid to mix and match different styles - it's all about creating a unique look that expresses your style!
Here are a few tips for how to layer necklaces like a pro:
- Start with a longer necklace as your base layer. This will help anchor your look and give you something to build off of.
- Add second and third layers that land at different parts of your decolletage. Consider a 16-inch, 18 inches, and 22-inch layering scheme.
- If you're wearing lots of necklace layers, consider smaller more subtle earrings to keep the focus on your neck.
- Finish off your look with some earrings that compliment your necklaces. Again, mix and match metals and colors for an eclectic vibe.
How to layer bracelets
When it comes to layering bracelets, the key is to mix and match different styles and textures.
Start with a stack of thin bracelets in different colors or metals, then add a few chunky pieces for interest. Be sure to mix up the placement of the bracelets on your arm for an asymmetrical look.
How to layer earrings
There's no one right way to layer earrings, but there are a few general tips you can keep in mind to create unique, stylish layers.
- Mix and match different earring styles for an eclectic look.
- Vary the length of your earrings to add interest and depth to your layers.
- Don't be afraid to experiment with different metals and materials – mixing and matching different colors and textures can create really interesting effects.
Now that you know a few general tips for layering earrings, let's get into some specific ideas.
One popular way to layer earrings is by wearing multiple studs in different sizes or shapes. This looks best if the studs are all in the same metal. Still, you could also mix things up by wearing silver and gold or even incorporating some gemstones.
Another fun way to layer earrings is by wearing dangles of different lengths - this looks especially cool if you choose earrings with similar colors or designs.
Also, try layering studs with hoops or even threader earrings for a truly unique look.
How to layer rings
When it comes to layering rings, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- You need to make sure that the rings you choose complement each other in terms of style and metal.
- You need to consider the size of your fingers when choosing how many rings to layer.
- You need to be mindful of the order in which you layer your rings.
With those guidelines in mind, let's look at how to layer rings like a pro!
Start with a simple base
Choose one ring that will serve as the foundation for your layered look. This can be a plain band or a solitaire ring.
Add some texture
Once you have your base ring, it's time to add some texture with another ring. This could be a ring with diamonds or gemstones or a more intricate design.
Now it's time to add a pop of color or contrast by choosing a ring with inlay.
Finish with a statement
To make your layered look stand out, finish it with a statement ring. This could be an oversize cocktail ring or an eye-catching vintage piece. The middle finger is a good place for a large statement ring.
So, go ahead and experiment with different ways of layering jewelry – there's no wrong way to do it! With a little bit of trial and error, you're sure to come up with a jewelry look that's unique to you.